So as everyone can see from the floating baby on the corner of my blog, the pregnancy is swiftly coming to an exciting end! We're doing great and I really feel like I can't complain about the pregnancy at all after the first 3 months were over. I've had very few aches and pains, emotionally I've been fine (just take my word for it; don't ask Derrick!) and we've had lots of reassurance as to the health of baby Felicity.
We are feeling ever more prepared. Brigham and Women's Hospital conducts free Hospital Tours which we attended with about 5 other expectant couples, and we were able to have some of our questions answered about Wi-Fi, the labor, etc. The labor/delivery room is awesome and very roomy and we were told that yoga balls and bed-bars are available upon request. Unfortunately, no bathtub, but the staff seems to be pretty open to me moving around during the labor process, getting in the shower, etc. We are preparing for a "natural birth"; I never felt comfortable with the idea of an epidural and we've had a lot of support from some of the mothers in our ward, some of whom are experienced Doulas. They've really helped educate us about Hypnobirthing and natural labor.
All in all, we are VERY excited and ready for our baby girl to come to us; tomorrow is my last day of work with the Jobin-Leeds family, who have been SO awesome and supportive. Derrick's school schedule hopefully won't take too big of a hit, but he seems to not be too worried.
We've been terribly neglectful of posting pregnancy pictures, but we have been much better about taking some and will post a few very soon. More soon!
3 comments:
I can't believe you're only 5 days away from having your baby girl! Ahh!! I hope everything goes smoothly & it's not too long. You are so awesome to have Felicity naturally; I wouldn't be able to! Love you lots & hope to hear some good news & see awesome pictures soon! :)
Yay! I've never had an epidural with any of mine, so go for it! You can do it! Ignorance is bliss the first time around, anyway. Good luck!
I keep thinking about you, wondering if you're in the hospital right now, or if Felicity is already here! I'll be interested to know your view on natural birthing after Felicity is here, it's something I've always kinda wondered about too. I think I might wimp out when it came down to it. I'm happy and excited and overjoyed for you, but the word that best describes my emotions is "proud". I know, wierd huh?! I guess it's because you're all grown up now and your a smart, beautifull, intelligent soon to be mother! Who knew we'd turn out so good eh? ;)
Post a Comment