my love is come to me."
-Christina Georgina Rossetti
-Christina Georgina Rossetti
Today is the BEST
day of the year.
No it isn't
my
birthday,
but the day
My love was born.
"No wise man ever wished to be younger."
-Jonathan Swift.
Birthday Boy, I like you!
Reasons I like you:
Because you enjoy the simple things in life the most.
Because you enjoy the simple things in life the most.
You call me during the day, everyday.
You write me love notes.
You write me love notes.
You give the best hugs
and
kisses.
We have adventures together. You humor me.
We have adventures together. You humor me.
You never get mad at me when I wake you up. Ever.
You buy me flowers. You make simple occasions special.
You buy me flowers. You make simple occasions special.
You like my cooking (or you've done a good job of convincing me you do).
You read books like "Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos"
and yet you would watch Survivor every day if you could.
You read books like "Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos"
and yet you would watch Survivor every day if you could.
You enjoy going on walks. You love bookstores as much as I do.
You've actually tried to convince me that Captain Crunch is healthy.
You are my court-jester and my resident genius.
You are a wanderer and an explorer.
You create your own funny lyrics to well-known songs.
You get so excited about things I'm interested in.
You create your own funny lyrics to well-known songs.
You are my hero.
and oh, so sexy too!
Because you understand that "Only a mature man can be strong enough to be truly tender". Madeleine L'Engle
"May you live all the days of your life."- Jonathan Swift
5 comments:
That's awesome. Your writing choked me up a bit. . . Happy Birthday Derrick!
Jared's birthday's in a week. How will I live up to this? It was very nicely written, Jen. I hope Derrick's birthday has been good.
I LOVE THIS JEN!! Wow, this was so well said and is one of the best tributes I've seen. And I have always believed in Madeleine L'Engle's quote. This is a truly beautiful post.
What an awesome tribute Jen! I love the pictures too. You make such a handsome couple =) I hope Derrick has a Fantastic Birthday!!!
Happy Birthday Derrick! Sorry, I've been without a computer for 4 too many days. I hope you print this post off and keep it. That was great, I bet Derrick loved it. :)
Post a Comment