Next week is finals week. I have three test-finals, one 5-7 page project proposal, and one 8-10 page paper due as well as an unexpectedly formal internship interview. I've been fighting off a cold, taking care of my daughter who is also getting sick and I'm cooking dinner for tonight. I haven't gone to the gym once this week. My apartment is a disaster. Really. Dishes are stacked in the sink and the towels definitely need to be washed and the sheets changed.
What in the world is keeping me going right now?
A glorious book list I just can't wait to get to.
3 comments:
They only way I keep going when it's like that, is to never stop. Just keep going. Okay, chocolate really helps too! That, or a really good fruit salad. Yum! Good luck!
I'm dying to see what your book list is...I'm sure I'll adopt some for my own once it is revealed. I use the carrot of Basking Robbins chocolate fudge ice cream -- the best ice cream in the world! But I'm also lame about it because I will tell myself when I get Project X done, I will go to Basking Robbins, but then when I finish I talk myself out of it (oh, I should get more work done, or it's a frivolous way to spend our money etc.) I have deferred my ice cream 3 times already this week, even though I "earned" it. I really need to do better about rewarding myself for the things I do get done, instead of always telling myself that I still haven't finished my thesis :)
I haven't gone to the gym this week either, though I haven't any excuse as good as yours. I know you will make it through because you are amazing and that's just what you do! Before you know it Christmas break will be here and you can breath again =)
Post a Comment