Jen's Pumpkin Soup
3-4 cups pureed pumpkin
4 cups chicken stock or water with chicken bouillon
1 - 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
4 thinly sliced potatoes
2 thinly sliced celery stalks
green onion
some thyme
some rosemary
some salt and pepper
Servings: 8
I simmered the pumpkin, stock and herbs for two hours or so while I was at school and added the potatoes, celery and onion as soon as I got home for the last 20-25 minutes until they softened a bit and added the cream as the final delicious, fattening touch. Add salt and pepper to taste. We used roasted pine nuts (which I had on hand. Thanks, Mom!) as a garnish; an uncharacteristically gourmet touch for our family. Nutty, savory, creamy; perfect!
The pumpkin we grew in our garden this year was a pure accident; several of the seeds from our Halloween pumpkins last year made it into the compost. But I think considering all the yummy goodness we got out of our lone pumpkin, we might just grow some on purpose next year!
3 comments:
Mmmm...sounds yummy. We have a few pumpkins sitting around. Maybe, I'll put them to good use. :)
I was just searching the web for a good pumpkin soup recipe. I will have to try this- thanks!
The pleasant surprises of composting. My Mom had some delicious accidental cantaloupe grow one year. Edward got a surprising stench coming from our garage because I started trying to compost but then forgot about it. Oops
Post a Comment