We're still trying to figure out what to do with the Jerusalem artichokes we got. At first we thought it was a heap of ginger root, only after we started peeling it for dinner did we realize how wrong we were. What a bunch of city slickers! We had the cabbage for dinner tonight in a stir fry with chicken and ginger (real ginger, I promise). Nothing like a food co-op to get you exploring new yummy recipes.
Next on the to-do list: library book sale. I mostly go for the amazing, fantastic prices on kid's books, but I won't say no to the incredible find for myself as well. I bought four books for $2. Not bad at all. Derrick's finds were a bit more eclectic, but really, who doesn't need Chinese and German dictionaries?
4 comments:
I do bountiful baskets too! I thought my turnips last time were some kind of green onion, but it's cool branching out and learning how to make new stuff. I wish stuff came with a label though cuz I I can't look up how to cook em if I don't know what they are. Like I ordered the mexican pack to make salsa, and it came with these stinky dried peppers? (Don' type "Stinky Mexican Peppers" in the search engine -brings up bad stuff) My cat loved the way they smelled so I just let him roll around in them. I'm so glad you're feeling better! Squirty sure is a cute munchkin!
I think bountiful baskets are the greatest thing! Unfortunately, they don't do them here.
I'm glad you're feeling better. Do you have any idea how long it might be to get your iron level where it needs to be?
I love the hat on, umm...your little one? (I guess I shouldn't say her name on here.) ;) Love and miss you!
I'm glad the iron infusions are helping. I am sorry that you haven't been feeling well, but hopefully things will get better from here.
After I read this post, I looked into Bountiful Baskets. I am itching to make changes in our eating habits and diet. But Neal has a point that we don't cook, so for now, we're pursuing the how-to-get-out-of-cooking-and-still-eat-healthy route. But your produce still looks so lovely to me!
Post a Comment