Saturday, April 2, 2011
Test Run: Day Four
The Test Run is officially coming to an end. Derrick will be home any minute, but a commitment is a commitment, so I'll make this quick. As many of you know, today was Conference Saturday. I sat down for four hours and listened to leaders of my church talk about subjects as varied as raising children to increasing one's faith. It was the first time I've watched conference alone since we got married. Maybe ever, actually, since it's usually an activity the whole family takes part in. Point is, today the thing I love about Derrick is his constant drive to be a better person, and I don't mean that in an abstract, achievement-drenched way either. Even though only supposed fuddy-duddies believe in moral codes outside of anything but what seems personally convenient, Derrick takes the idea of a moral code given to humankind by Deity rather seriously and I've come to find this both a refreshing and positive thing.
Labels:
Derrick,
love,
spirituality
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment