I came across this statement the other day: "Today is the day". I generally find myself pretty unaffected by happiness/bumpersticker taglines, but this one made me pause. I've been feeling pretty stressed out/blue/unlikeable lately, and sometimes my thoughts take on a negative pattern.
I thought about the marvelous possibilities of this phrase, particularly if one ends the statement with a positive finish.
Here are some possibilities I came up with:
Today is the day I get closer to finishing my projects.
Today is the day I am closer to the end of the semester.
Today is the day I smile and laugh with my daughter.
Today is the day I watch a fun movie with my family.
Obviously none of these statements are groundbreaking, but they gave me enough of a lift to carry on versus writhing in a puddle of self-pity and loathing. Any "today is the day" statements from any of you?
5 comments:
I tell myself every morning "today is the day I start my diet!" but by lunch time...fail.
I'm surprised to see something fictional sitting on your Shelfari ;)
I'm so glad this semester's almost over for you.
Today is the day I start packing... wait, that didn't help me feel any better ;)
Good luck finishing your projects/end of semester, and have fun with your family! I hope you watch something entertaining.
Both of you crack me up, and thanks for wishing me good luck. I'm gunna need it!
doesn't have to be groundbreaking to pass onto others to brighten their day.
today is the day that I hope to finally get good news.... :o)
thanks
Although I haven't been calling them "Today is the day..." I've been doing this sort of thing, in the sense that I'm really trying to devote each day to one main goal. Today is the day we clean the house. Today is the day I work on my thesis. Today is the day I play with Addison (until I pass out from exhaustion by about 1pm, of course). Thinking in these terms helps me feel less fragmented and more focused.
Post a Comment