Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Goal Met

Time is ticking away and I actually have only two weeks left of this internship. Not really, actually, but only two more weeks of separation from my lovely husband. YAY!

The not really part is because in two weeks we'll actually only be done gathering data and transcribing it. Nearly the entire month of August will be dedicated to coding our data, finding patterns in the accounts from the different students and writing our final report on how the program meets student needs. Thank goodness I have a wonderful project partner so we can actually meet our deadlines before fall semester starts!

Amazingly, we met our exact goal for student recruitment for the second wave of focus groups. We recruited 25 students in May to participate (five focus groups) and we recruited exactly 25 from the summer program (6 focus groups). Basically we showed up every day in all three of the labs and got on our hands and knees and pleaded (and bribed with candy) for two weeks for students to come talk to us. Apparently it worked! We start doing focus groups again tomorrow and they'll continue into next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even though I've been really busy with family/funeral stuff, your updates about your progress have not gone unnoticed! Congrats on the successful student recruitment!! You guys rock...and I can't believe you're still on the schedule you laid out; you don't hear that too often with data collection research :)