Returning from Jordan I was wrapped in a cocoon of familial bliss. Learning all of Lissie's newest tricks and habits had me open-mouthed and happy to be home and not missing out on any more of her growing up. And Derrick - I love living with this man. I love sharing spaces with the guy, as weird or kinky as some of them might sound: fridge, couch, bed, shower, kitchen, yard, bathroom, the list goes on and has less to do with you-know-what than you might think. I really like being with Derrick, going about our daily movements and coming home to each other at the end of the day.
I got home Tuesday afternoon. But Delusional Jen had signed up for summer classes, remember? And I'd already missed a day. So I had no choice but to shuffle out the door, jet lagged and unhappy, to my Spanish classes Wednesday morning. By the end of the day though I decided that nothing, not even that oh-so-tempting Spanish Language Certification, could keep me away from my family, both mentally and physically, any longer, especially after that arduous two month separation.
I had an uncharacteristically brief internal struggle, then dropped the classes and felt ready to celebrate. So I gave up. I gave in to an overwhelming desire to enjoy the summer with my little girl and to simply be. I decided to give - to myself and my family. It feels wonderful.

3 comments:
Best. idea. ever.
Good for you for knowing what you and your family need most. I am all for getting the school thing done but not at the expense of precious time with your little one... especially after being away so long... I wanted to quit for you so you could just be with them so HOORAY!! Now go enjoy your summer :)
Good for you! The Spanish class will always be there:) Hooray for summer!
Post a Comment