Disclaimer: The views expressed below represent the opinions and personal tastes of the author alone and in no way do they fiercely condemn the opposing views of prospective readers. If these said opinions do cause offense, the author alone must bear the blame. Thank you.Phoenix tries to be a cool city.
It's just not.
However, it does offer a few neat bookstores, like this one we found on Saturday. It profers some very authentic book store owners, even if not a huge selection. You know the type; they've read every book on their shelves and know exactly where to find any book you may be looking for in their shop. They even had a grey, long-haired cat lounging on some books stacked on one of the tables.

Favorite bookstores aside, let's face it: Phoenix just isn't my cup of tea. I mean, it's too hot to go out unless you want to shell out money at a movie theater or a mall, which gets old after a while. This weekend we did neither and seriously broke with Phoenix cultural tradition. We drove over to Tempe and visited the man-made lakes they have, renting a paddle-boat and spending a blissful hour coasting underneath the bridges (donned with white Christmas lights). It felt, albeit briefly, as though we were in a different city altogether. Not bad for just $12.

3 comments:
I totally remember going there!! Weir flashback. Too bad you won't be around to enjoy the city when the weather is perfect. But who cares about that when you're hitting N.Y.C every weekend. Right?! Boston or Bust baby!!
If it wasn't for you disclaimer I might've been offended :) J/K -don't judge a book by it's cover and don't judge Phoenix by it's summers! I keep looking at your booklist to find good reads and I noticed some of them have * at the end -are those the ones you liked best?
Hi Jen, it's Carmen Pendleton, your cousin Alex's wife. Can put your blog on the directory I'm making for the family reunion?
Post a Comment