Thursday, November 6, 2008

Baby updates...a girl!

Sorry for all those who predicted a baby boy in my near-future. We got the ultrasound yesterday and it's a girl! April 6th is the official due date, which, according to Blair means our child will have a certain touch of the divine about her.

It's funny, actually, that it's a girl. Derrick and I've been trying to decide on a boy's name and we just couldn't settle permanently on anything, but then one day I woke up with a girl's name in my head and I haven't been able to even think about any other names. It wasn't even a name on my favorites list! Felicity. I also hadn't been thinking about a middle name that seriously until it hit me. Carol. Felicity Carol Hull has a nice ring don't you think?

No pictures again, but my belly is starting to poke out a bit. I still don't look pregnant; I just look not-so-skinny anymore. I have lots of updates, and I'll be putting new pictures on here really soon.

8 comments:

Dorey said...

Congrats! Nothing cuter than a little girl. =) I love the name too.

Jaimers said...

Congratulations! Girls are so fun! They have the best clothes! Love the name, too. I'm not as far along as you, and I wish my belly were just poking out and I could describe myself as 'not so skinny anymore'. I wasn't skinny to begin with, and I've been wearing maternity clothes for the last 3 weeks. I guess I can take comfort in the fact that it is number 4!xx

Aileen said...

Yeah! What fun news. I can't begin to tell you how much I relish in the mothe/daughter relationship I have with my girls. Pure joy! I am so happy for you to experience the same with your little girl. LOVE the name, too. Different, yet not trendy, it even has a "timeless" ring to it (if I'm making any sense!)

Chantel said...

yay for a girl!! that just means that she can marry my son ;) keep me posted and put up new pictures please :)

Nancy said...

I love the name! Mabey she'll have pretty red hair like the doll. Can't wait to see new pics!

LyNae in AZ said...

congatulations to you and mr Derrick! I'm so happy for you! I will make a blanket and booties to send with meri when they go for the birth! :) Meanwhile look at my page and see what you like and let me know!
Love ya's,
LyNae

Steph said...

Yea! That's exciting. Cute choice of name too. I think boy names are a lot harder too, so you got off easy.

Belle said...

Congratulations! Chantel told me and Phil (or Do-Dilly, which ever you prefer) that you were married and pregnant! Girls are the best!