
My mom and sister, Becca, arrived in the U.S. safely after a two-week trip to India and instead of going straight home, my mom made a stop in New York. My dad flew out to meet her and they took the train to Boston to come and visit us for Thanksgiving. Since I just got back from my mission in Southern California in February, this would have made the third year in a row of Thanksgiving without my family, so we were thrilled to have them spend the holiday with us.
We spent alot of time in our tiny apartment, letting mom relax a little and recover from her jet lag after her long trip, but we also did some shopping, some laundry (she was relieved to finally have some clean clothes in her suitcase) some sightseeing to Concord and the Boston Museum of Fine Arts.
We spent alot of time in our tiny apartment, letting mom relax a little and recover from her jet lag after her long trip, but we also did some shopping, some laundry (she was relieved to finally have some clean clothes in her suitcase) some sightseeing to Concord and the Boston Museum of Fine Arts.
The highlight of the trip was going to Target and buying some maternity clothes and, honestly, the trip came none too soon. I started having to wear the pants right after they left, though that could be a side effect from the enormous amounts of turkey dinner I ate.
I have a lot to be thankful for this year; my wonderful, brilliant husband, the opportunity to be here in Boston with said wonderful and brilliant husband, my job(s), a working vehicle, the courage to drive around in this crazy place, a smooth pregnancy and the excitement of a beautiful, new addition to our family, amazing in-laws, the chance to go home for Christmas, a wonderful family and a great ward, not to mention wonderful friends and relatives.


How do people make maternity
clothes looks so glamorous?!
Belly Ups are amazing and I would recommend them to anyone. They
are lifesavers!
1 comment:
OK so I am stocking your blog, but I just learned from Jaime that you are living there. We also just found out that we are moving to Boston in July. My husband Moss will be doing a fellowship at BU. We will be there for 2 years, and would love any pointers you might have for us as far as housing. (While I am also expecting, we are having twin girls which will make a grand total of 6). My email is tfenberg@gmail.com if you wouldn't mind contacting me. Thanks! Tammy (Grygla)
Post a Comment