We've had a great time being home! I didn't realize just how much I'd missed the west until Steph picked us up from the Phoenix airport and I looked out at the desert, almost completely devoid of buildings, graffiti and the like and I sighed a huge breath of relief. I've missed the desert so much! And looking at this view, who wouldn't?We drove up the following day with Grandma Pat and Amanda and Steph joined us a few days later. Christmas Eve we read "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and watched Home Alone to prepare for the next day.
Steph's boys, Hunter and Matthew, are still too young (or sleepy) to wake up at the crack of dawn to see what Santa brought, so us adults had to drag them out of bed at seven to have them open their presents. Derrick and I were both very spoiled. He was endowed with a new reading list and I was given a new wardrobe for my expanding belly. A dream come true for us both!
We also got a bunch of
baby stuff, which we were so excited for and will need desperately in the not-too-distant future, though Derrick kept getting items that said things like "Daddy's girl" and "I love Daddy", I was half expecting him to unwrap something that said, "Daddy's my favorite. Mommys suck."
1 comment:
My Mom was so glad you came to visit! She just loves Derrick, she says he's such a nice boy! (Awww). I'm glad you had a fantastic Christmas! Lova ya Jen!
Post a Comment