Pathological:
1. Of or relating to pathology.
2. Relating to or caused by disease.
3. Of, relating to, or manifesting behavior that is habitual, maladaptive, and compulsive
2. Relating to or caused by disease.
3. Of, relating to, or manifesting behavior that is habitual, maladaptive, and compulsive
Perhaps some of you are tired of hearing about our love of books (I don't really care). But to be honest, we're both in school and Derrick does a lot of reading for his job, so in providing updates about our life we basically have to admit that reading is our life right now. Luckily, you won't find either one of us complaining. You might say, actually, that our reading is pathological. As is our constant search for "our" bookstore. Everywhere we've ever lived (or visit) we try to find the bookstore in the area that we love. We've found one in Mesa, a few in Boston, one in St. George and now we've found one here. "Pioneer Book" might not be much of a name for a bookstore, but let me tell you, this place is amazing. Great prices, tons of books, many genres and, an often overlooked detail but one we've come to appreciate, an owner that actually likes books. Go figure.
This is the stack of books I'll be tackling soon.
Some of these are for my classes, but
most of them are treasures I've picked up as
we've searched for the perfect bookstore.
Aren't they beautiful?
Chocolat is a little treat (no pun intended) that I'm
giving myself as I wait between books for my classes.
The Uncommon Reader is a book that I actually am assigned
for one of my classes but that Derrick and I are reading together.
We're nerdy like that, and we've been that way
since before we got married.
Savoring the moment...
And the Squirt?
3 comments:
several of my all-time favorites are in that pile of yours. . . looks like fun!
It's great that you like such a variety of books! I bet you find more treasures that way. I stick to WWII biography/nonfiction and of course Young Adult fiction, and it takes a lot to pry me away from those two genres;)
My Mom raised us to be compost minded, we'd get in big trouble if we ever threw a banana peel away. She had a special blender she used to puree it all before mixing it in with the leaves and mulch. Anytime I made a milkshake I'd have to check "this isn't you "special" blender is it?" Good luck with the garden!
Love the pics! You're little squirt is cute!xx
Post a Comment