Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Trip to Campus

The ever-intellectual Squirty decided to accompany me on a trip to campus today. I rarely venture to campus unless I have to, but I had a few errands to run and a special visit to make.
Squirty spent most of her time monkeying around, distracting studious college-goers.


We made a special visit to Gloria, my favorite professor and mentor. Sadly, I'm not taking any classes from her this semester. I just couldn't reconcile it with my strong desire to scale-back and simplify my schedule this time around, but that doesn't mean we can't go and see her when we get the chance! My excuse this time was returning a book she had lent me, The Talmud and the Internet.

I love so many things about Gloria, but her affection for Squirty is especially endearing to me.

Squirty is moving more deeply into toddlerhood. Though she can sometimes be reluctant to talk, her vocabulary now includes "moon", "cheese", "Jesus", "shoes", "apple", "banana", and her favorite word is "hi". Squirty is also starting to increase the volume and frequency of her temper-tantrums, which often happen when she has to say goodbye to someone. Embarassingly, it happened today when we had to say goodbye to Gloria and make our way home.

3 comments:

Dan and Kristin said...

Sounds like she loves Gloria as much as you do! And I"m very impressed that she learned "Jesus" at the same time as "Mom". That means you're a good parent!

Kjell Crowe said...

it's kind of endearing that she throws tantrums when she has to say good-bye.

Kasia just throws 'em cause she doesn't get her way.

Nancy said...

Aw, so sweet. I bet even her temper tantrums are adorable.