Showers! I was surprised she didn't hate them more when she and I first started. Honestly, it's way easier to just shower with her than to try keeping her entertained while I'm in there. She also doesn't enjoy her baths as much as she used to because she's in constant fear of pooping in the bathtub (which has happened more times than I'd like to remember). She's associated baths with pooping so much that she can't even look at a picture of Jesus being baptised without pointing at the water and saying "Poop! Poop! Poop!". She does it everytime without fail. We've given her the switch multiple times for her heresy but she just. doesn't. get. it.
Is she becoming more of a teenager every day, or is it normal for toddlers to hate waking up? Somedays she's so ticked off that she's awake that morning cuddles are the only thing that make it better. I take her back to bed with me and try to get her to be quiet for a little bit before waking Derrick up.
This is her "shhh" face.
It turns out that cuddling with Squirty is a much funner way of waking up than having an alarm clock dinning in your ear.

And just look at those fine motor skills! Finally she thinks this toy is as neat as I do.

6 comments:
That Jesus/poop thing is hilarious!! (are we allowed to write anything that starts "Jesus/poop" -- hmmm, I'm not sure?) We have almost exclusively done the shower thing with A...in fact, she didn't have a bath-bath for about 5 or 6 months and when we tried it again after she was walking, it was funny because she just didn't know what to do. She was so annoyed by the fact that her toys kept floating away AND I would not let her walk around.
so cute and funny! love these posts, makes me want to just squeeze her!!
She is sooo juicy =) I just love the pictures you post!
I wash my hair and face in the shower with Reese and then we move to the tub to lather up the rest. I'm just afraid of getting too soapy in the shower and having him slip out of my arms. I know having a baby is a totally different thing, but sometimes I think of poor war veterans who have lost a limb. It's a different way of thinking learning to do as much as you can with one hand.
haha I love that she yells "poop" when she sees that Jesus picture- hilarious (but embarrassing for you I'm sure!). Such cute pictures. She has gotten so big!
What a cutie! I love her curly hair. It reminds me of yours when you were younger. I wish our kids liked to sleep in. We are up with them every morning by 8am no matter what.
She is getting so big!!! That is so funny she yells that...You never know what kids are going to say..haha Give her a big hug and kiss from us!
Post a Comment