Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Miracles Do Happen

I went to bed last night thinking we had hit a pretty big wall. We showed up at the school this morning at our usual 8am and what felt like a miracle had happened. We were able to keep our groups how we wanted and were even assigned convenient class periods to pick them up. Freaking amazing.

Our first focus group went well. We have one tomorrow, two on Thursday and one on Friday. We got some good responses from our students today and, of course, were able to see how to tweak the interview guide to make it less sticky. Overall, a great day for team Jen/Kristen (Kristen is my project partner). We celebrated by buying some light reading in the form of semi-trashy magazines. I bought O (as in Oprah) and she bought Fitness. So not super trashy, but certainly a guilty pleasure for both of us. We also purchased some colored pencils so we can start doing our preliminary hand-coding. We plan on rewarding ourselves for a week of focus groups by getting some yummy R.D.'s dipped cones on Friday. Score!

Right now I should be dedicating myself to outlining a GRE study schedule, but I might lack the discipline and dive into a glossy mag and some dark chocolate. If you feel this is an unwise decision I fully expect you to write something truly motivating and inspirational in my comments. Good luck finding something as riveting as the stunning photographs in O!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GRE study schedule? Are you kidding me??? You've got enough on your plate between a crack-of-dawn-waking-up toddler and five focus groups! Read the O!

But so glad to hear this great turn of events!! Sounds like things are going swimmingly.