Wednesday, April 18, 2012

laundry time

More than a year ago I wrote this post about making our own laundry and dishwasher detergent. A year later, I've settled, possibly forever, on this recipe featured on SouleMama for our laundry. To cut even more cost, I use the uber-economical Ivory soap. I wasn't able to find much information on Ivory's ecological rating, but based on what I did read it seemed okay.

The detergent works great, is cheap to begin with, and seriously, a batch lasts a looong time, at least for this family of three.

But honestly, my favorite part of the recipe is that Lissie is now getting old enough to pitch in some muscle:


Lissie took this picture of me taking a turn. Journalist in the making, no?

If you do decide or have decided to do either this or a different recipe, let me know how it's working for you.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I've been wanting to try my own laundry soap! I'll have to try this once my other laundry soap runs out. Thanks for the recipe.