I am grateful for any day that makes me stop and celebrate something good or ponderous or beautiful about life. I'm also grateful for my decision to focus on what it means to celebrate this year (click on link above for more info). Of course there are the more traditional North American holidays that help us ponder things like abundance, life, birth and death. I also greatly appreciate another North American holiday: Day of the Dead, or Dia de los Muertos, which is a holiday I am currently at work on instating in our house because I think there's nothing more beautiful than a ritual celebration remembering those we've loved who have left us. I've passed the "traditional" dates of celebrating this (Mexican tradition places the dates between October 31-November6), but I just finished my midterms so cut me a break.
Just know that in the near future you can enjoy a Day of the Dead post here on my blog.
Here's a sneak peak for you of my paternal grandmother, a woman who wore her emotions on her sleeve.
I love her for it.
More on her and the legacy she left me to come soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment