Friday, November 2, 2012

Technology

My toaster oven. The apex of technology. Microwave replacement? done. Toaster? done. Oven? done. And it's even small enough to fit on top of my fridge in my cramped cozy New York City apartment. What's not to love?

 


A lesser-known reason I love this handy, small alternative to my not-quite-standard-sized gas oven is because I can use the latter as storage when we're not using it. Thanks to my toaster oven, our silverware can stay off our limited counter space almost all the time, just like God intended.

  

Feeling grateful? Awesome. Take part in the challenge.

4 comments:

Jaimie said...

A couple of months ago when we visited Jessie in Portland, she stored her peach cobbler in the oven...then forgot about it when heating the oven for something else...don't let it happen to you! ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Jaimie gave you a warning...my parents store things in their oven too and Neal almost set the house on fire when we moved in! (He did actually set something on fire -- just not the whole house.)

Jen said...

Ladies, already happened. Been there, done that. We have a great system. We keep one of Lissie's socks on the knob for the oven now.

Nancy said...

Ha! I almost burned down my Grandparent's kitchen once! You haven't lived till you have a kitchen fire story to tell ;)