Every morning the sun swells over the Atlantic ocean, peeks over the edges of East Manhattan, and cuts straight through East Harlem and up my street, bouncing off in rosy hues from the brick facade of the building across the street. From rosy to vibrant, the sun carves knife-sharp shadows across the face of said brick building and lights up the whole street.
Wondering perchance what I'm doing up at this ungodly hour to watch a sunrise? This is the time of day I feel best. Straight out of bed, I do my best thinking and have the most energy at this early hour (the rest of the day is another story). Also, the streets are hushed now, particularly on the weekends. So, gratefully, me and my sunrise can enjoy this solitary moment without interruptions.
Feeling grateful today? Join me at the gratitude photo challenge.




2 comments:
Your pictures made me so happy. I'm up early today too, but NOT because it's when I do my best thinking!
Gorgeous. Love it. Makes me feel thankful for our sunny apartment too!
Post a Comment