Finals week...

it makes your blood run cold,
makes you short of breath,
and yet nothing makes you happier...
-
That's right, I jumped my first finals hurdle last week
and you know what?
It really wasn't that bad!
However, a lot of this is due to the fact
that I took a pretty light coarseload:
8 credits total.
Additionally, I have a lot of help:
a sweet, even-tempered 8 month old,
a wonderful babysitter, a sister-in-law
who loves me and who lives a few blocks away
and an amazing husband.
I'm a lucky woman indeed!
-
Now I'm preparing for a new semester of challenges
and actually, I'm really looking forward to it!
Since I was also completing a challenging
Since I was also completing a challenging
correspondence class last semester
I'm celebrating by taking all of my credits on
campus, which seems like it would be harder, but trust me, it won't be!
So I'll be taking a little more, 9 credits.
-
Two literature classes? But won't that mean a lot of
dum-da-dahm...
reading?
I'm looking forward to it!
I'll be taking Women's Studies in Literature
and
British Lit. 1900-1950.
The other 3 credits will be taken up by my
International Development class
which is concentrating on
writing curricula for
Community-based education.
I'm so excited!
-
-
I'll also be busy with a club on campus
called Students for Inernational Development.
I applied and was selected to be a chair for the annual
Hunger Banquet this year
which will be put on in March.
I'll post more details on this later.
Thanks for reading;
I realize that a lot of you
already know this stuff!
-
Wish me luck!

3 comments:
Good job on finishing your first semester, post baby!! Be very grateful you have an even tempered baby, that helps a lot! I'm excited to hear how classes and your club go next semester. :)
You are a great inspiration! (and Becca too, cuz she did school with kids also!) I'm cutting back on two work days and have signed up to take 11 credits next semester. I'm excited! I'm glad you are excited about your classes next year, hope all goes well!
I finished my BS at BYU before I had babies and did a year at Kansas State (albeit a light load) post-babies, and what a difference! I dropped out of K-State (well, actually we got an early military transfer)but never got back into it because what a challenge to attend school w/ wee ones to worry about. Great job and I know you'll stick with it longer than I did!!!!Aileen
Post a Comment