The damage was pretty extensive. Everything (and I mean everything) had been soaking into the carpet for about 5 days. They've had to tear out the carpet (I mean, obviously) and even had to take out some of the sheet rock because it had soaked into the walls. Nasty.
We've even been put up in an extensive stay hotel by the HOA When we came to check in last night Derrick said, "I think I'm going to be sad when we have to leave" (about a week, so they say). Lynny has even agreed to come here to take care of Squirters and let me take her car to class, thank heaven for her. Now for a sneak peak of the accomodations...
Our oh-so-lovely front room
with the modern kitchen hiding from view.
Needless to say, we're coping. We've even gotten used
to living out of a suitcase, no big deal.
And apparently we aren't the only ones who
are happy with this new arrangement.
Now on to some real news.
The Squirt is a master
sitter-upper. Just look at her!
So we had to celebrate by taking
some adorable bath pictures.
Such pictures might have been
awkward before, especially since I always
took my bath with her until a few months ago.



And apparently we aren't the only ones who
are happy with this new arrangement.
The Squirt is a master
sitter-upper. Just look at her!
So we had to celebrate by taking
some adorable bath pictures.
Such pictures might have been
awkward before, especially since I always
took my bath with her until a few months ago.
5 comments:
OMGoodness! What a nightmare. Wow, that is crazy. Looks like your Plan B is pretty cool though. ;)
What cute BABY pictures too!! She has the cutest smiles.
Wow. Don't you love apartment life? We had our bathroom completely flooded once too. Luckily it was only water and not sewage. Ugh, that's gross. I guess the good news is that your apartment will hopefully be nicer than before.
If Edward had his choice he would live out of a hotel room his entire life, he's said so numerous times ;) I know living out of a suitcase can be a drag so I hope you get to move back home soon! I would think they would just give you a new apartment -but maybe none are available? Felicity is the happiest easy going baby ever! She's really living up to her name.
Sweet hotel! Did the flooding damage any of your stuff? I hope not. Felicity is so cute and that last picture of her looks like you when you were a baby. And since you were the cutest baby/toddler ever, you can be happy that you passed the gene down.:)
How smelly and awful! I would probably throw up if that happened. . . and I store so many things under my bed that it would have been a mess.
You have an awesome attitude. . .I love it!
Post a Comment