Monday, March 22, 2010

Creativity

It is a great source of happiness and pride to me that I belong to a church that discusses the worth and importance of personal creativity and individual action. One of my favorite addresses of all time was given by Elder Uchtdorf. Watch part of his address by visiting the link below:

I don't consider myself a crafty person. At all. But I do enjoy being busy and creative.
Here are some things I've created lately:

This is me and my partner in crime for the Hunger Banquet, Rachel. Not only was she an awesome person to work with, but it was her birthday the week after the HB; I felt beholden by her awesomness to create this beanie for her.
I've tried my hand at knitting. And failed. Crocheting is much more accesible for me for some reason. It also gives my hands something to do when we're watching movies or I feel lazy and bored in general.

Cute, no?
This object was meant to be a baby blanket, but ended up being more of a throw.
Oh, well. It was my first time, and I think it ended up looking great anyway.

Especially when wrapped around a cute little baby.
Pie is a more recent venture for me.
Unfortunately, I'd just discovered my ability to make
pastry when we diagnosed Derrick with Celiac's disease.
However, I still make it when Derrick's back is turned :)
Yum!

3 comments:

Lisa Campbell said...

Wow, Jen. I had no idea you were so good at crocheting. That looks like a lot of work. Good job cousin!

Nancy said...

I love that video! I have it on my FB page. It always makes me feel less guilty when I work on my book (I'm not wasting time -I'm creating something new and hopefully fabulous ;) It appears that you are a woman of many talents! I am impressed by your craftiness!

Aileen said...

That is great that you are finding the time to try new things, busy as you are with school and baby. I love your handiwork!