Excuses to celebrate good things are fun and good fathers are definitely a great reason to celebrate.
-
I did my best to celebrate Derrick today because goodness knows he deserves it. He makes me laugh, helps me try to be my best self, does the dishes every night and . . . oh yeah, he's a great dad too.
-
To be extra nice I handled the baby for all three hours of church today. I lived to regret it, dumb me, but it made me extra appreciative of Derrick. I swear there are couples at church where the mother will be practically crying with a writhing baby in her arms and the husband doesn't lift a finger. Because Derrick isn't one of those husbands he deserved a special dinner. His choice: chicken and potato taquitos, one of my specialties.
A picnic dinner at the park:
3 comments:
Your family is such a GOOD family, I so enjoy reading about you guys. :) And that dinner looks DELICIOUS! I would love to try it.
Oh! So fun! I think the family pictures are adorable- what an adorable family you have! Looks like the weather finally warmed up in Utah- hooray! MMM that dinner does indeed look yummy
Jen, could you send me that recipe? It looks so good and possibly easy? Seriously, send it to me. Looks like you treated Derrick just right for Father's Day. :)
Post a Comment