Friday, July 30, 2010

The Squirt: an infant no more.

She is still certainly baby-like in some ways, but lately the Squirt has increasingly become her own little person. It's so fun to watch, but also somewhat alarming that she's transforming into a little girl. We'll hold on to what baby-ness we can while we can: she still loves to cuddle, be fed
with a spoon (although she does demand that she have her own), and nothing quite calms her down like a lullaby sung by yours truly (though only she seems to appreciate my melodious voice). But she's recently sprouted molar teeth, interacts more with other children, is developing a delightful sense of humor and throws mild temper tantrums when extracted from the bathtub earlier than she'd like and now. . .she's walking!

I suppose you could say she's a "late walker".
We were never concerned, I just naturally assumed it
was all those extra adorable rolls that made it so hard for her.
Here we are at Temple Square:

Cruisin' along with Daddy's help:

It's so fun now that she has the balance to sit on top of shoulders:

At a play date with her little friend, K:
notice that she's able to walk, no extra hands involved.



I love this picture. I think they look like co-conspirators:
At a family reunion in Blanding, Utah:
swinging with Daddy.

Interacting with cousins:


By the end of dinner, she'd only take spoonfuls from her cousin M:

4 comments:

Shawna said...

I'm gonna have to steal a few of your photos- it was so great to finally meet the little one!

Nancy said...

That last pic is so funny! She is such a cute bug!

Becca said...

That last picture is by far my favorite!

Hurst said...

Nice beads! They make her look like a genu-ine lady!