Monday, September 6, 2010

Of Bucket Lists and Living

There are few feelings as unsatisfying as the one that accompanies arm-chair living and preocuppied busy-ness. How I despise it. But in the rush of day-to-day living, how does one avoid the daily routine that can develop into a boring hamster wheel? For some, avoiding this comes naturally, but for bookish homebodies like ourselves, we have to create a plan. Here it is:

Provo Bucket List:
-the Despain trail by Utah Lake
-Provo Library book sales
-See performance at the Covey Center for the Performing Arts
-Latin American Festival
-Pioneer Village
-Hot chocolate at Juice 'n Java
-Hike Slate Canyon
-Float Provo River
-See performance at the Provo Theater
-Winter sledding at Sundance
-Sundance chair lift (autumn)
-Hot Springs in Spanish Fork

Salt Lake area Bucket List:
-Antelope Island
-Red Butte Gardens
-Utah Museum of Fine Art
-This is the Place Heritage Park
-Bear River Bird Refuge
-Christmas lights at Temple Square
-Timp Caves
-Hike Mt. Timpanogos
-Salt Lake Mosque
-The Spiral Jetty
-Eat at the Porcupine Grill and
-The Red Iguana

As an act of good faith, we crossed off our first to-do by braving the hike to the Y:



During Squirty's nap-time, poor baby, but real living comes at a cost! ;)



The monstrosity:

The fam:

BYU: definitely the life-blood of Provo


A view of Provo and Utah Lake:

Lovely Fall colors already making an appearance:

Any other suggestions or "must see's"?
I'm certain they will be considered :)

2 comments:

Kerry said...

I also love the Hale Center Theater. And also driving the Alpine loop in Provo Canyon. I've heard that is pretty cool.

Elizabeth said...

I wish we could have helped you cross off SLC mosque and the Red Iguana!...and the Spiral Jetty too.
Also, I would have given you my tubes for the river but in an akward turn of events they were borrowed, never returned/ popped : (