Thursday, April 21, 2011

Happy Birthday, Squirty!

That's right, today was the big 1+1, which = 2. It's been a laid back sort of day. Squirty isn't really old enough to appreciate that it's her birthday, and I'm more of a simple-celebration kind of mom, but that doesn't make this day any less special.

We celebrated a day early by opening aunt Stephanie's birthday package:

Her gaze in this photo shows a marked preference for me, right?




Thanks, Aunt Steph! You're a doll :)


I then took Squirty's stickers that have been waiting on the shelf until she could appreciate them a bit more:

Then we went to Shirley's for some delicious sweet rolls for our playgroup. We bought two danishes for ourselves so we wouldn't be tempted to break into the sweet rolls, since I'd be apt to stuff all the sweet rolls in my face before anyone shows up.

At playgroup, a good time was had by all. Thanks to everyone who came!

It made Squirty's day.


As always, there are a few fights and tears at playgroup, but nothing beats the adorable making-up process.

Happy Birthday, Squirty. Thanks for being such a joy in all of our lives.



You are so loved.

6 comments:

Kjell Crowe said...

love the kissing one. SO CUTE!

Stephanie said...

She looks so grown up! Im glad it fits! Give her a big hug and kiss from us! Love you guys!!!

Becca said...

Happy Birthday, Squirt! What a cutie, and what a good mommy!

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday Felicity!!!

Anonymous said...

I told her to pipe down, but Addison wants to know why she is so small and irrelevant in these pictures -- "You can't even see my belly," she says. Oh, the ego of toddlers.

Dan and Kristin said...

She's so adorable! I can't believe she's two! Happy Birthday!