Whew. We are officially moved. After a whirlwind decision, basically made for us by different circumstances, we sold our contract from our old apartment in a matter of hours and made plans to move to South Jordan. My sister had the hookups for a great basement apartment that we fell in love with. It's also twice the size of our old apartment and...here's the clencher...cheaper! Mucho cheaper. So we spent our New Year's (literally. I could hear fireworks popping as we moved in the last of our stuff) completing our move.
Not to disappoint anyone, but I don't post pictures of stuff like this. Let me just say the apartment is very nice and we really like our landlords who live above us. Alot.
Honestly, I'm most excited about this move for Lissie. My sisters are going to watch her for me when I commute to Provo three days a week for class (it's about 45 minutes each way) and I'm so excited for her to spend time with family and especially cousins. She loves playing with kids and being with her aunts and uncles. Our new place also gives her a lot more room inside and a backyard complete with trampoline, chickens, bunny, dog and cat. Kid paradise, right?
This post also serves as an announcement of sorts. As we were planning our move I also arranged my schedule so this would be my last semester. I had planned on graduating in August so I could do some additional coursework for language certification in Spanish, but after evaluating our finances and situation, I decided it would best to call it good sooner rather than later. So yay for me. I'm not going to walk, but I did promise my mom I would at least get a picture taken in a cap and gown.
7 comments:
Congratulations on being in your last semester! The drive from South Jordan to Provo isn't too bad, and you'll be going against the traffic anyway. I actually enjoyed the commute; I just hated it when there was too much traffic! If your sisters ever can't watch Lissie, send her our way! We're close to you again, and I'd be happy to play with your now big girl! AND I'd like to see you and Derek sometime too :)
Great news all around! Very happy for you. Great way to start the new year!
Wow, that does sound like kid paradise! Glad it's working out so well!
Awesome! I'm all for graduating sooner than later. And that's so great that Bethany can watch Lissie! (I always want to call her "Liz-bit" That's what Jessica Magana called her little sister.) Anyway I glad you are all moved in and it's such a fun upgrade! Get some good audio tapes conference/scripture/books -you'll find that commute time can be such a well spent part of your day. I even recorded my notes on tape before a big test and would listen to them (myself;) while I drove. Good luck!
Yay for graduating soon! It will feel so nice to be done with that chapter!
Wow, that's great news! It'll feel great to graduate! That'll be nice to live close to family too- I so miss that. Good luck on your last semester.
I miss you already but am so happy for your new digs. It sounds like all is well! Let's do lunch sometime soon when you're here in Provo!
Post a Comment