I found this quote on this blog:
{"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."
Guillaume Apollinaire}
just after listening to this podcast in which the Rabbi Jonathan Sacks says that sometimes we should take a break from pursuing happiness, and just let happiness catch up with us. Beautiful, no?
By the way, I really recommend not just this individual podcast, but all the podcasts associated with this site. They are among my recent favorites.
Today I discovered that happiness is:
waking up early to prepare for, and succeed at, a task that's important to me.
and then taking a much-deserved early evening.
celebrating (as in hooting and hollering) Lissie going pee in her potty.
listening to the hum of the dishwasher.
thinking about a scripture in a way I never have before (listen to Sack's take on Jacob's wrestle with the angel and you'll know what I mean).
Hmm, what if I let happiness catch up with me more often?
2 comments:
I love that quote. And good job Lissie! That is something to cheer about.
I like On Being too...lots of good episodes. I'll have to listen to this one! I like this sentiment too. It's something I have gotten better at over time, but still I am probably too reflective about happiness than I should be (Am I happy now? Is this happy? How does happy feel to me? How does happy feel to other people? I'm ridiculous...)
Post a Comment