Remember this post in which I indicate that there is a goal I'm not quite ready to share (indicated by * and a footnote)? Well, that dream was joining a team of very smart people as we evaluated a government-sponsored grant program for poor families in Amman, Jordan.
For fear of it maybe not working out due to finances and other difficulties, I refrained from making it very public, but my ticket has been purchased today and now it is almost official (there is always the chance that the political climate in neighboring Syria will either necesitate not going at all or going and leaving early; this is equally true of the Israel/Iran tension currently going on).
I'm beyond-belief excited that this might work out after all. Now, please pray for peace in the Middle East. Not just for my sake, of course, but it certainly wouldn't hurt me any right now.
Also, a BIG BIG BIG thank you to my friend Rilee for making this trip possible for me.
4 comments:
Congrats! I lived in Jordan for a summer on a study abroad. It was awesome! I was there during the Hezbollah bombings so that was scary but thankfully aside from anti-American demonstrations every weekend (we normally spent the weekends visiting sights outside of Amman)there was no violence in Jordan. It was an incredible experience. Good luck!
Congrats again! I'm glad things are falling into place! I can't wait to hear about some of the other things going on in your life and where things are "falling" with those.
Jen, this is amazing! I can't wait to hear about your experience!!
I hope that it all works out for you to go! I want to hear the stories!
Post a Comment