Anyone else feeling depleted this election year? I know even some of my more politically-astute friends are ready to keel over with exhaustion, and who can blame them? Tribalism, especially for people trying to avert it, is exhausting. It's all too easy to fall into a camp, pelting the "other" with abuses. Walking a middle way, now that's tough. And because it isn't easy, sometimes I am guilty too of "othering" people I don't agree with on certain things. Election year, I am so very very over you. For the first time in a long time I'm contemplating "unplugging" from social media for a while. I could really do without another oh-so-original political meme. What about you?
Also, it's been a time since I've visited my theme of the year: celebrate. It's true I haven't blogged about it much lately, but it has very much been working its way into my consciousness over the summer. And, dare I say it? I actually feel I am getting better at becoming the celebrating me. And with elections coming up, and the accompanying opinion fatigue, I might just celebrate the upcoming months by unplugging and focusing on things that bring me joy. I am learning that my favorite way of celebrating is becoming more plugged in and engaged in the area I am living.
Also, it's been a time since I've visited my theme of the year: celebrate. It's true I haven't blogged about it much lately, but it has very much been working its way into my consciousness over the summer. And, dare I say it? I actually feel I am getting better at becoming the celebrating me. And with elections coming up, and the accompanying opinion fatigue, I might just celebrate the upcoming months by unplugging and focusing on things that bring me joy. I am learning that my favorite way of celebrating is becoming more plugged in and engaged in the area I am living.
"Turn off the TV. Live your life."
This is a magnet at a friend's house. Lovely, no?
Plugged into the beach. When you're camping, engaging with an area is unavoidable.
Celebrating scenes from our hometown:





2 comments:
You read my mind...both in the fact that I am most definitely depleted by the election and in the fact that I have been wanting a "celebrate" update! I love that pic of you and Derrick. You both look great, happy, engaged by your surroundings!
Man, isn't Page the prettiest place in the world! There's no place like home =) (You are looking very pretty too I might add)!
Post a Comment