Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Innovation

Ladies, I've said it before and I'll say it again: the money I spent on my diva cup was the best money I've ever spent. An innovation that makes periods safer, cheaper, easier, and ecological? Yes, I think I will.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY agree! I can't believe how much better it works for me than anything I used before. I'm so glad you gave me that final nudge into trying it.

ginger said...

more than a decade into my $20 investment, I'm still loving it.

Unknown said...

I am interested, but not sure if I am brave enough... Do you just wash it in the normal sink in the bathroom when you are in public? I feel like I could do it at home, but in public would be scary. Also, how often do you check/empty it?

Unknown said...

Oh, and if you do wash it out in the normal sink in public, then you would have to go back into the stall to reinsert it. Is that as inconvenient as it sounds? Maybe it's only a problem when there are lines. Lots of questions.

Jen said...

Emilie, good questions all. You do not have to wash the cup to re-insert it. If you're in a public restroom with no access to a sink, you can wipe it down with toilet paper, or just reinsert it, no problem.

I find that even on my heavy days, every 3-4 hours is about when I check it. As the cup fills, gravity naturally weighs it down, so that could also give you a clue. Honestly though, I've never had the cup overfill and leak. It holds a surprising amount. Your first period you are likely to check it way too often. Now between emptyings, I generally just push it back up after I use the restroom. I also wear it at night now and haven't had any problems. Good luck!